«  …24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »


2007-11-27 02:49 supercollider

Now I've also worked on porting some examples from Processing to SuperCollider. This was a bit trickier than porting over code from NodeBox. Many fundamental Processing features aren't implemented in SuperCollider - video, 3D, OpenGL etc.

The code lives here...


and also attached as scd.



2007-11-17 01:11 supercollider

I spent some time porting over 22 of the 35 examples that come with the nice graphical programming environment NodeBox to SuperCollider. (NodeBox is based on Python and specialises in generative graphics.)

If one compares the code for these examples, I think it is obvious how capable SuperCollider is for 2D graphics. It's just as simple as NodeBox and Processing!

Well, some more advanced features are missing at the moment - like reading back paths, image manipulation, bindings to CoreImage, PDF export etc, but simple interactive 2D and animation SuperCollider can handle.

All the ported code lives here...


and also attached as scd.



2007-10-29 15:21 supercollider

Here's a class for SuperCollider that generates perlin noise. I wrote it about a year ago to learn how that works but didn't finish the help file until now.

Some examples of images made with this class...

redPerlin test 2D screenshot

and this is an example from the help file that gives an overview of some settings of 'persistence vs octaves'. The 8 steps of persistence grow from 0.25 to 0.95 left to right. And octaves grows from 2 to 9 bottom to top.

redPerlin many windows 2D screenshot


f0blog Hacked

2007-10-04 12:09 other

Sorry, this place got hacked and someone overwrote all my media files (snd, pic, vid). I'm travelling atm and it will be a few more weeks until I can access the backup files and restore the archive.


LOSS Livecode History from the Pub

2007-07-24 18:32 livecoding

Here I've attached the SuperCollider history file from my performance at the headphones concert at the live coding festival in Sheffield... livecode.access-space.org (archive.org)

It's a bit embarrassing if you study it more carefully. The use of ~pub near the end is a big mistake for instance. I meant ~out and I don't know what I was thinking there...

You can also look at the file '2007-20-20pub.rtf' for the actual document I used. Some comments in there didn't make it to the history file as I forgot to evaluate them.

Here are also the notes and statistics from my presentation "Live coding practice" in which I talked about my month worth of practising.


June Practice Sessions

2007-06-10 16:28 livecoding

In preparation for the LOSS livecode festival (archive.org) in Sheffield, I'm doing another month of practice. 1 hour/day, start with an empty document, no third-party classes or UGens and then upload the result here on the swiki.

This time my sparring partner is photographer and artist www.fotokatie.com/katier. She's doing a very nice series of 'star shots'.

In addition to getting my live coding chops in shape (hopefully), I got commissioned to analyse and present the outcome at the festival. This is a great thing. So the bet with Katier provides the pressure, the scheduled talk the deadline for analysis, the upcoming gig the motivation and last the commission pays for one strong coffee at my favourite café each day of the period. What could go wrong?

Well, it's summer and I've been working too much as is...

MP3s and code in the post /f0blog/june-practice-sessions-again/

Low Life

2007-04-30 20:38 supercollider

Attached are three programs that all use some sort of audiovisual self-referential code in that they synthesise their own syntax.

As I think this only works on SuperCollider OSX I made some short videos...

One can also write custom 'scores' for these programs to perform...

Note: will only run under older SuperCollider, version <=3.6 with OSX (Cocoa).


klipp av on Flickr

2007-04-16 15:01 other, visuals

Two photographers that have witnessed our gigs have put up some very nice photos on flickr. See Munich and Brisbane. Pretty funny comments there too.

klipp av live @t-u-b-e, photo: Modular
klipp av live @t-u-b-e, photo: Modular

You're the One
klipp av live in Brisbane, photo: Rachel Cobcroft

klipp av
klipp av live in Brisbane, photo: Rachel Cobcroft

«  …24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »